Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Favorite Show

So talking with my group tonight in the lab in Dicke, and I found out that none of them were really blogging about ecommerce or technology so I've decided to switch mine up here in week ten. I have always enjoyed watching shows with tv personality/world class chef/writer Anthony Bourdain but I have really taken a liking to his hit show on the Travel Channel, No Reservations. I had seen the show a few times before but this past weekend I sat down one afternoon in the middle of a No Reservations marathon. The show focuses on a particular country or city which Bourdain tours by food. He usually meets up with a native that knows the ins and outs of a given food culture and they explore. After watching the episode about the Philippines I was intrigued to check out Bourdain's blog. (http://anthony-bourdain-blog.travelchannel.com/read/hierarchy-of-pork) As you can see the Philippines episode had a lot to do with pork, one of my personal favorite foods and Bourdain explains how the pig roast experienced in the Philippines was the best pig he had ever eaten. After watching the show and drooling for nearly an hour, I found myself almost depressed as I am two months into a strict diet and could never enjoy half of what he was tasting. Anyways I guess I'm just trying to say that I love Anthony Bourdain and No Reservations and if you have never seen it or don't know what time its on: Travel Channel, 10pm Monday Nights, don't miss it.

1 comment:

REK said...

No Reservations has been a favorite of mine for a while now. Good viewing!