Wednesday, February 11, 2009

iPhone and iTouch Apps... Amazing

http://www.apple.com/webapps/

I know that we've all seen those catchy Apple commercials with the fun music and all of those crazy applications you can buy for your phone. I never really saw the need for an iPhone or wanted one until I saw those commercials, particularly the newest ones with the level (just in case a picture in my room is crooked), but ever since I have all I want is an iPhone. Unfortunately I live in Ada, OH were unless you've got Verizon, Sprint, or Alltell you're out of luck. Anyways I was thinking about what to blog about this week and I figured I would tease myself some more by looking into the incredible amount of applications that can be downloaded directly to your phone. As you go to the Apple homepage and look up apps., the first thing you see is a new program that allows customers to find out where kids eat free. This is one of the more logical tools on the list, but still, something you can definitely live without (though I find myself wanting it). From games, to ifan profiles, to search tools Apple has created an application for almost anything you could think of. When I started to search through these it made me think about how this pertains to ecommerce. If you think about it, Apple has created a brand new market off of these applications. Before other than downloading ring tones, no one really put stuff like this on there phones. It is just another example of how Apple's innovation puts them a step ahead of everyone else in the technology world. If only we could put some of Apple's mind power into the American auto industry.

No comments: