Monday, February 23, 2009

Jackets... Playoff Bound?

So I'm kind of struggling on thinking of things to blog about and since I've over-done the video game thing, I'll write about my true true love. More than anything, I love sports... competition really. I especially obsess over Ohio sports teams, the Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Bluejackets. Right now the Cavs are doing unbelieveably well so its almost kind of boring watching them. The Bluejackets however are for the first time, in the thick of the NHL's Western Conference playoff race. The franchise is less than a decade old and has never really even been close to the playoffs. Right now the Jackets are the sixth seed in the playoff picture (top eight making it) and have been proving the experts wrong all year. They are led by a slew of young talent most notably their rookie goalie, Steve Mason. A former third round pick, Mason is the favorite for the hallowed Vezina Trophy awarded to the leagues top goalie. The Jackets also feature one of the leagues top young stars, the captain, Rick Nash. He leads the team in goals and assists and is the teams only perrenial all-stars. With approximately twenty games remaining the Jackets need to bring their "A" games every night in order to fend off some of the more talented teams nipping at their heels. You can bet that I will be in front of my TV for every minute of those remaining twenty games, cheering the Jackets to their first playoff berth.

No comments: