Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bass Pro

Friday Feb. 27 marks the official beginning of my fishing season. I'm not actually going fishing yet as late Feb. in Ohio is still rather chilly. No my friends it is Bass Pro Shops Spring Classic. That means the fishermans paradise has its biggest sale of the year. They have pros come in all weekend to meet and greet customers as well as do demonstrations in the stores enormous tank. The store is packed with men carrying around those little baskets and pushing carts causing my mother to giggle and make fun, but it's fine. I mark this sale as the beginning of my fishing season every year because I take my list I make every winter and go refill my tackle box. Its kind of sad but thats what us fishermen in these cold weather climates must do. In Ohio its only cold enough to ice fish for a few weeks a winter and the season starts late usually into May.

No comments: